1934 blueprint showing general field layout. Drawn by Osborne Engineering Company. (Boston Red Sox Archives)
After the 1933 season, new Red Sox owner Tom Yawkey begins a massive reconstruction of Fenway Park. The grandstand was extended down the left-field line, the bleacher section was reconstructed using concrete and a 37-foot high wall replaced the embankment and fence that had stood in left-field since the ballpark had opened in 1912.