Pirates Charities Game on AT&T SportsNet is an annual fundraiser that supports Pirates Charities. The 2020 Pirates Charities Games on AT&T SportsNet took place online and on the broadcasts throughout the weekend of September 12 and 13, as the Pirates played the Royals in Kansas City.
The Pirates Charities Game helps Pirates Charities continue to respond to the needs of our community and provide assistance to those who are struggling. Throughout 2020, Pirates Charities has provided support to front line workers, food to those in need, PPE to underserved members of our community and more. We have continued to support youth by providing baseball and softball opportunities, supporting our military and lifting up those impacted by cancer. It is thanks to our generous fans that we can do this essential work. Thanks to the outstanding support of AT&T SportsNet, the 2020 Pirates Charities Game raised the funds that allow us to do all of this and more throughout the year. AT&T SportsNet dedicated its entire television broadcasts on Saturday, September 12 and Sunday, September 13 to sharing the stories of several organizations that have benefited from Pirates Charities partnerships in 2020, as well as highlighting some of our annual efforts that we have been able to carry out during this unusual year.
Fans were able to lend their support and make a donation to receive one of two tiers of backpacks filled with unique Pirates merchandise designed exclusively for this event, plus autographed items.
Two tiers of backpacks were available to support the beneficiaries.
- Vintage Style Backpack
- Double-Walled Steel Camper Mug
- Custom Hawaiian Hat
- Fleece Jersey Blanket
- Pop-Up LED Lantern
- 3' x 5' Jolly Roger Flag
- Pirate Parrot Plush Animal
- 20th Season Pull-Over Fleece Jacket
- Josh Bell Bobble Head
- Voucher for Two Complimentary Tickets to Select 2021 Pirates Game
- Baseball Autographed by a current Pirates player
- Baseball Autographed by a Pirates alumni
All of the contents of the Home Run Backpack PLUS you are guaranteed to receive one of the following six items (one item per backpack):
- PNC Park Luxury Suite for a mutually agreeable 2021 game (15 tickets, F&B not included, restrictions apply)
- 4-pack of Hyundai Club tickets for a mutually agreeable 2021 game (restrictions apply)
- Josh Bell Autographed Jersey
- Bryan Reynolds Autographed Jersey
- Bill Mazeroski Autographed Jersey
- Opportunity to throw out the first pitch prior to a 2021 game (restrictions apply)
Fans could also support the efforts of Pirates Charities by participating in one of two auctions, with proceed going to Pirates Charities.
Bidding closed on Sunday, September 13, at 5 p.m. ET.
Exclusive ballpark experiences:
- Softball game on the field at PNC Park
- The opportunity to run in the Great Pittsburgh Pierogy Race
- Honorary Broadcaster for a day
- And more!
"Players Favorite Things" baskets featuring goodies and one-of-a-kind autographed merchandise from players including:
- Josh Bell
- Derek Holland
- Colin Moran
- Ke'Bryan Hayes
- and many more!