In light of the postponement of the 2020 Major League Baseball season and the CDC's latest guidelines that restrict events of more than 10 people, we have made the difficult decision to cancel the 2020 Golf Classic and are unable to reschedule for this season. Thank you for your understanding during this unprecedented situation and we look forward the 2021 Ted Savage RBI Golf Classic.
Thursday, May 7, 2020
Norwood Hills Country Club
Shotgun start: 11:00 a.m.
The 31st annual Cardinals Care Golf Classic honors former player and front office executive Ted Savage's contributions to the organization as a community ambassador until his retirement in 2012. As the Golf Classic celebrates 30 years of having an impact on youth throughout St. Louis, the status is being elevated to include new features that will allow more good work to be done in the community.
Current celebrities include:
Mike Claiborne, Bill DeWitt III, Michael Girsch, Rick Horton, Al Hrabosky, Jason Isringhausen, John Mozeliak, Brian Jordan, Ray Lankford, Dan McLaughlin, Ozzie Smith and Scott Terry
*Celebrities subject to change.
- Celebrity Selection Night* on Tuesday, May 5, 2020
- Four (4) suite tickets per foursome for the Cardinals game against the San Diego Padres with food and beverage provided
- Pregame random drawing of celebrity pairing
- A Mike Shildt autographed item per attendee
- A round of golf at the Norwood Hills Country Club 36-hole golf course with a Cardinals celebrity - current player/coach, Cardinals Hall of Famer, Cardinals Alumnus, Cardinals broadcaster or senior level Cardinals Executive
- Continental breakfast and on-course refreshments
- Post-Golf-cocktails with heavy hors d'oeuvres
- Prizes for first and second place teams, Men's & Women's Longest Drive and Closest to the Pin
- Opportunity to mingle with Cardinals celebrities post-golf
- Silent Auction featuring unique autographed memorabilia and exclusive game day experiences
- $5,000 per foursome
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 314.345.9958 to register or for more information
The Golf Classic honors Ted Savage's contributions to the organization as a community ambassador until his retirement in 2012.
Current sponsors include:
- Clayco, Inc.
- Heartland Coca-Cola
Sponsorship opportunities for the Cardinals Care Golf Classic are available. Opportunities begin at $2,000 for a hole sponsorship. If you are interested in becoming a Cardinals Care Golf Classic sponsor, email email@example.com or call 314.345.9958.
- Mike Shildt's Baseball for Life foundation whose mission is to enhance the lives of young people through a mentoring program that uses baseball to develop life skills and reinforce positive behavior.
- St. Louis RBI (Reviving Baseball in Inner Cities) program provides underprivileged children throughout the St. Louis area the opportunity to play baseball and softball by funding the RBI (Reviving Baseball in Inner Cities) program housed at Mathews-Dickey Boys and Girls Club.
- Cardinals Care whose mission is Caring for Kids throughout Cardinals Nation.