Each season, the funds raised through Cardinals Care charitable events allow us to financially support area nonprofits through our annual grant program. There are two grant cycles each year, one in spring and one in summer. The grants are used to fund tangible items, one-time capital expenses and special supplies or purchases that directly benefit children. Cardinals Care has provided over $15 million in grants to area nonprofits since its establishment in 1997.
Please review the following guidelines carefully before submitting your grant application.
Grant applications will be accepted through Saturday, July 31, 2021, at 5:00 p.m. Please note, all required documents will need to be uploaded via the form.
In order to qualify for consideration for a grant, the following criteria must be met by your organization:
- Serve or support youths under 20 years old
- Operate in "Cardinals Country" Learn More »
- Be a 501 (c) (3) with a Federal tax exempt letter
- Must be up and running as a 501 (c) (3) for a least 1 year
- Budget for entire organization should not exceed $2,000,000
- Administration/fundraising expenses should not exceed 30% of total budget
- As noted below, if your organization previously received a Cardinals Care grant, you must attach both a) a copy of the acknowledgement/award letter informing you of your grant and b) a copy of the receipt(s) for the purchase(s) the grant funded.
Each year Cardinals Care has two grant cycles (spring and summer), as follows:
- Spring - CLOSED as of Sunday, January 31, 2021, at 5:00 p.m. (typically opens in November)
- Summer - CLOSED as of Saturday, July 31 at 5:00 p.m. (typically opens in April)
- The application must be submitted electronically through the form provided on the website. Please note that the form is only available when each cycle is open.
- We do not accept handwritten, mailed or emailed applications.
- After a completed application is electronically received, you will receive an email confirming receipt. Once ALL of the information has been reviewed, and approved for further evaluation, a Cardinals Care representative will call to schedule a visit.
- If your organization submits an application for the spring grant cycle, you will be contacted beginning in March, with allocation announcements sent in April and funds distributed in late April.
- If your organization submits an application for the summer grant cycle, you will be contacted by early August, with allocation announcements sent in late August and funds distributed in mid-September.
- If an application is incomplete or missing pertinent information, the new electronic system will not allow your application to be submitted.
- Organizations can only apply and receive funding once in a twelve-month period.
Consideration for regular grant cycle submissions will only be given to funding requests that benefit children for:
- Tangible items
- Special supplies or purchases
- Average amount for a cash grant from Cardinals Care is between $1,000 to $3,000, subject to available funds.
- Annual program costs or salaries
- Operating expenses
- Fundraising event sponsorships (golf, walks/runs, dinner galas, etc.)
- Scholarships/Endowment funds
- Multiple-year pledges
- Reimbursement of already purchased items
If you have any questions, please send an email to email@example.com. We appreciate your interest and look forward to working with you.